Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy is a molecular spectroscopic method used to determine chemical, preferably organic, structures in substances, substance mixtures or on surfaces. Qualitative and – with increased effort – also quantitative determinations of compounds and structural elements can be performed.
In transmission mode, infrared transmission spectra can be recorded if the respective sample is sufficiently transparent for IR radiation or can be prepared as an adequately thin layer on a transparent substrate.
Due to the existing additional equipment for spectroscopy in attenuated total reflection (ATR) as well as in directed reflection under variable angle of incidence, the FT-IR application possibilities are extended by the analyses of:
- Non-transparent solids
- Thin organic and inorganic layers (down to the nm range) on reflecting substrates
- Non-transparent, even irregularly shaped solids
- Measurements are made in the middle IR range between 4000 and 550 cm‑1 using the ATR system and in transmission between 5500 and 400 cm‑1.
- The respective sample diameters or measuring spots for transmission measurements are at least 1 cm and for the ATR technique at least 1 to 2 mm, in order to record meaningful spectra.
- For special measuring issues, purge gases such as nitrogen or inert gas can be utilized.
⇒ Please do not hesitate to contact us for questions and further information about our R&D and services offered.
Overview of our Technical Equipment
- 3D Microscope
- Atomic Force Microscopy
- Buchholz Hardness Test
- Coating Thickness Measurement
- Colorimeter & Spectrophotometer
- Cross Cutting Test
- Drop Ball Impact Test
- Environmental Test Engineering
- FT-IR (ATR) Spectroscopy
- Gloss Level Analysis
- Grind Gages (Grindometer)
- Irradiation Technology
- Measurement of Corrosion Current
- Mechanochemical Surface Treatment
- Mandrel Bending Test
- Panel Press
- Plastics Technology
- Pneumatic Hot-Melt Dispenser
- Potentiostat / Galvanostat
- Powder Coating
- Raman Spectroscopy
- Sample Preparation Technique
- Scratch & Scribing Tools
- Stirring & Mixing Technique
- TERA Ohmmeter
- Thermal Analysis
- Ultrasonic Testing System
- Universal Testing Machines
FT-IR-Spektrometer FTS 175
Dr. Joerg Leuthaeusser
Head of Department
Primer and Chemical Surface Treatment
Phone: +49 3641 2825 48