INNOVENT is an external, non-profit, industrial research institution which functions without institutional funding. We are a legally registered association with membership stemming from the industry and scientific fields.
Our core competencies include Smart Surfaces, galvanic applications, simulation, magneto-optics and sensor technology as well as customer-specific analytical services. An extensive synthesis know-how and a broad spectrum of biological investigations complement our competencies.
INNOVENT organizes various conferences, such as: the ak-adp (User Forum Atmospheric Pressure Plasma), the ThGOT (Theme Days on Border and Surface Technology), and the Forum Inn-O-Kultur. You can find more information on this topic, under the heading "Events". In addition, we manage various networks throughout Germany. This listing is offered under the heading "Memberships in Institutions".
We pass our know-how on to bachelor's and master's students, as well as doctoral candidates who are in training as young professionals. Our qualified scientists offer companies further education in areas of scientific and industrial competence.
The institute is a founding member of the German Industrial Research Association Konrad Zuse. More than 70 industry-related research institutions are organized in this association with the aim of bringing more innovations from science into the economy.
A total of approximately 580 research projects, especially for industrial partners, have been successfully completed within the last 5 years. Funding programs from the EU, the Federal Government, as well as from state, foundations and industry funds have been utilized.
INNOVENT has achieved and promoted the following:
- 5 spin-offs (approx. 30 employees), which market INNOVENT developments
- Coordination and initiation of numerous networks and alliances (InnoNet, growth core J-1013 and others)
- Membership in more than 18 expert committees
- Numerous cooperations with universities and research institutions
- Training activities: lectures, guest lectures, further education, dissertations, supervision of diploma and bachelor's theses, and training of apprentices
- Events: INNOVENT colloquia, workshops, organizer of the Theme Days on Interfacial and Surface Engineering (ThGOT), initiator of the User Group Atmospheric Pressure Plasma (ak-adp) and the Forum Inn-O-Kultur
Furthermore, INNOVENT functions as an educational institution in the Jena area, in cooperation with the University of Jena and the University of Applied Sciences in Jena. Over 100 doctoral students, diploma students and undergraduate students have, to date, worked on topics for doctorates, diploma theses and term papers. In addition, INNOVENT offers numerous further education opportunities designed for the industry.
|Directors||Dr. Bernd Grünler, deputy: Dr. Arnd Schimanski, Dr. Uwe Möhring|
|Research area Surface Technology||Dr. Sebastian Spange, Dr. Sven Gerullis|
|Research area Primer & Chemical Surface Treatment||Dr. Jörg Leuthäusser|
|Research area Magnetic & Optical Systems||Rocco Holzhey, M. Sc.|
|Research area Biomaterials||Dr. Matthias Schnabelrauch, Dr. Ralf Wyrwa|
|Research area Analytics & Materials Testing||Dr. Katrin Pawlik|
|Strategic Controlling||Dr. Uwe Möhring|