The main focus of the surface technology department is the development of processes and equipment for modification. This includes coating or sterilization of various materials such as: metal, glass, textiles, ceramics, wood, natural materials or plastics under normal conditions.
Special attention is paid to the application-oriented process development of CCVD, r-CCVD, plasma CVD, Sol-Gel technologies and electrochemical processes. The combination of the processes is as much the focus of the development as is the simulation of the applied processes. The classical low-pressure coating processes are also being maintained and further developed.
The aim of our developments are the following property changes:
- Liability improvement
- Improvement of the corrosion protection
- Increase of the aging resistance of materials and coatings
- Surface functionalization (hydrophilicity, hydrophobia, oleophobia)
- Functional optical layers (transmission enhancement or antireflection, switchable layers, photocatalysis)
- Wear and scratch protection layers
- Barrier layers
- Friction reducing coatings
- Application of surface technologies for the protection of cultural assets
- Functionalization of natural products and their application
The implementation of the developments can be realized with the assistence from our efficient design and prototype construction team.