The micro–TRI–gloss µ device is a gloss meter for the standard geometry of 20° / 60° / 85° and measures gloss differences from matt to high gloss on varnishes, coatings and polymers. The sample surface is irradiated at a precisely defined angle and the reflected light is measured photoelectrically.
The coating thickness can be measured simultaneously at the same position if the substrate consists of a ferrous or non-ferrous metal.
- DIN EN ISO 2813
- DIN 67530
- ASTM D 523
- BS 3900 (Part D5)
- JIS Z 8741
- DIN EN ISO 2178
- DIN EN ISO 2360
- ASTM B 499
- ASTM D 1400
Application Examples for the Determination of Gloss in:
- Automobile industry ⇒ exterior & interior
- Aviation industry ⇒ re-coating after falling below gloss level
- Architecture & decoration industry ⇒ materials (e.g. marble, granite, tiles)
- Printing & packaging industry ⇒ printing ink & paper
- Instrument & enclosure construction ⇒ Piano finish & matting of surfaces for optical elements
⇒ Please do not hesitate to contact us for questions and further information about our R&D and services offered.
BYK Gardner GmbH