Magnetic Monitoring - medical and technical use
- Magnetic monitoring is a method for 3-D-localisation of magnetic marked objects.
- Based on sophisticated mathematical algorithms magnetic monitoring provides position and orientation of the magnetic marker.
- Example: Magnetic monitoring is used for localisation of magnetised pills for investigation of the human gastrointestinal tract. A patient swallows a small magnetic pill which moves like a cherry pit through the intestinal system and can easily be observed during its journey.
- The movement of the pill reveals specific motility patterns and possibly disorders or malfunctions. Combined with capsule endoscopes magnetic monitoring allows the alignment of pictures and positions.
- Magnetic Monitoring can be combined with magnetic active drug release and helps in pharmaceutical research.
contact Mr. R. Holzhey
phone 03641 282515